Press release: “Sharing knowledge on technology and business at the BarCamp ‘unconference'”
The “BarCamp Galway” event will be held at the Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland, Galway from 10 AM on the 22nd of September. BarCamp is a technology-focused, informal gathering of people from technical and business backgrounds, where information and experiences are exchanged. The event is geared towards sharing knowledge and learning from others, and there is a policy of encouraging active participation in all discussions.
BarCamp Galway extends from other successful Irish “unconferences”, most recently the BarCamp Dublin and BarCamp Belfast events. The term unconference is used as BarCamp allows anyone to present, and talks can be technical or non-technical. The BarCamp ethos is simply about sharing information, with no overriding theme. Speakers and discussion panel members who have signed up to talk so far include:
- David Lenehan, PollDaddy: creator of the very popular online polling service.
- John Collison, Auctomatic: the young Irish student who along with his brother Patrick received significant venture capital funding from Y-Combinator in Silicon Valley.
- John Breslin, boards.ie: co-founder of Ireland’s largest discussion community.
- Walter Higgins, Pixenate: founder of Sxoop, developers of popular browser-based image editing software.
- Ina O’Murchu, DERI: writer of Galway First’s TechTalk column and speaking about the Social Web.
The event is free and is being sponsored by Microsoft, Blacknight, boards.ie and Logon.ie. If you wish to attend, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.